Friday, July 5, 2013

Letter to my son

Dear Lucas, 

There are things in life I hope to teach you. I know I won't be a perfect mom and you will not always be a perfect child but together I hope we can teach each other many many things. These are just a few of the things I wish for your life:

1. I hope you know that I will always love you. No matter how bad things get or if you don't always listen to my advice. I still love you.

2. I hope to teach you how to be an amazing boy and grow into an amazing man. I hope to show you how to treat a woman. I hope you learn how to be an amazing husband some day. I will teach you these things by taking you on mommy/son dates.

3. I hope you know on all days the love I have for your father. I hope we gross you out sometimes because that's just what we do.

4. I want you to be a kid. Get dirty and make mistakes. Play in the mud and don't worry about how messy you get. Jump in puddles even if you don't have rain boots. We can always dry shoes :-) barefoot is even more fun.

5. Eat ice cream for breakfast! But maybe we'll save this one just for birthdays.

6. Cry if you need to. Even when you're older. I want you to know it doesn't make you less of a person to have emotions (and if you're anything like mommy you will have some emotions)

7. Love people. All people. I really hope I can teach you not to discriminate. 

8. I hope you listen to music. Listen to it loud and listen to it daily. Music is so important and is great therapy. And I also hope you don't short yourself by only trying music that's "in" because if there's one thing that took me too long to learn it is that what's on the radio is not necessarily the best thing out there. Also know there are multiple genres and you can like them all if you want to.

9. Don't be scared to try new things (this is something you will learn from daddy, Im still trying to figure this one out for myself)

10. Cook and bake and eat a lot. Your dad can help you with this one as well :-)

11. Spend time with your grandparents.They will spoil you rotten any way so you're going to love it.

12. I want you to be smart in your every day choices. Don't do things just because others are doing them. Do them because you really truly want to. 

13. Make mistakes, and learn from them. Don't be afraid to keep trying because you fail. Life would be so boring if nobody made mistakes or if we gave up too easily. 

14. Hug your mom and dad. Even in front of your friends ;-)

I love you so much already and I want your life to always be perfect and wonderful and I know that's not possible. But I really hope to raise you with a love of life. I really hope you can live life to the fullest and enjoy every minute of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment